The policy of the "KMU” in relation to equality, diversity and inclusivity, respect for human rights
SUPPORT FOR EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY:
The student self-government of the "KMU" is:
· a form of initiative, independent social activity of students aimed at the development of social activity, support of social initiatives of students;
· a form of student democracy with appropriate rights, opportunities and responsibilities, focused on achieving strategic goals and objectives, increasing the prestige and image of the university in society;
· means (resource) of social and legal protection of students.
Principles of student self-government:
· scientific, systematic, continuity and consistency;
· respect for the rights and freedoms of students, democracy in the approach to solving youth problems;
· efficiency in solving issues related to student youth;
· comprehensive coverage of all students, regardless of gender, nationality, social status and age.
The Student Ombudsman is an authorized person for the rights of students, which any student of the university can become.
The Student Ombudsman solves the following tasks: accepts and considers student appeals; monitors compliance with the social rights and interests of students; resolves conflict situations; takes measures within its competence on student appeals and makes recommendations for the restoration of violated rights; interacts with youth and student organizations.
Student Support Service
The Student Support Service is a student self-government body to assist students in adapting to the educational process at the university, in matters of health protection, protection of rights, leisure activities, access to useful information, implementation of sustainable development directions.
One of the goals of the Student Support Service is to participate in the implementation of the current policy of equality, diversity and inclusiveness, to improve the prevention of illegal actions among university students; to participate in the organization and improvement of the educational process at the university, in the formation of an ethical culture, an environment of creativity and mutual assistance in student collectives (dormitories);
RESPECT FOR HUMAN RIGHTS:
In order to protect the rights and freedoms of employees studying at the University, to ensure the rule of law, there is a «trust box» for written appeals, as well as a Commission for combating Corruption and removing letters from the «trust box».
There is a Disciplinary Commission, whose activities are aimed at reviewing complaints and appeals about unacceptable actions / omissions of university staff.
Tasks of supporting inclusive education in "KMU":
· creation of an effective system of psychological, pedagogical, medical and social support of students in an educational institution in order to maximize the correction of the shortcomings of their psychophysical development;
· students' mastering of educational programs in accordance with state educational standards;
· formation of a tolerant attitude to the problems of people with disabilities among all participants of the educational process.
To support accessible inclusive education, a working group is being created, whose tasks include:
· formation of an effective system of psychological, pedagogical, medical and social support of students in an educational institution in order to maximize the correction of the shortcomings of their psychophysical development;
· assessment and study of problems in the development of educational programs by students in accordance with state educational standards;
· formation of a tolerant attitude to the problems of people with disabilities among all participants of the educational process;
· creation of equality in the university and the educational environment of conditions favorable for the realization of personal and intellectual potential, emotional, communicative, physical development of persons with disabilities.