School of Distance Learning in Medical Education
From 1 to 4 September 2020, Karaganda Medical University held an online workshop "DISTANCE LEARNING SCHOOL IN MEDICAL EDUCATION".
• "Strategy of distance learning at Karaganda Medical University"
• "Develop of open online courses (moocs)"
• "Tools for Distance Learning"
• "Guide for working with electronic resources of the library"
• "Organization of group classes online"
• "Digital technologies for distance learning"
The speakers of the seminar discussed:
• what platform work effectively;
• what resources can be used for lectures, labs, group work, assessment and questionnaires;
• how develop own open online course;
• introduced to the content of electronic resources in the library of KMU;
• how to work effectively in the Documentolog and on the WEBEX platform.
144 teachers were registered at the workshop, 110 of them actively participated. At the end of the four-day seminar, the teachers were tested based on the workshoptopics.
All workshop’s materials are posted on the website of KMU.
As a result of the seminar, all teachers passed a feedback questionnaire. So, 67.6% of participants noted the organization of the workshop as “excellent” and 32.4% are “good”. All participants noted the importance of information and applicability in their work (100%), and were also satisfied with the results of the training (100%).